How can I give to HTB?
Members of HTB contribute to the life and work of the church in many different ways. Whilst the information below relates to financial giving, other pages on this site explain the variety of ways you can get involved and contribute to HTB’s many ministries.
You can give a one-off or recurring gift to HTB (Charity number 1133793) from this website using our secure server. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one, otherwise just log in.
There are two ways to do this:
- By setting up a standing order with your bank – if you would like details on how to set this up, please contact the Giving Administrator.
- Through your employers payroll giving scheme 'Give As You Earn' (GAYE only applies if your employer runs such a scheme – your Human Resources department can provide details on this. For higher rate tax payers then please also see the section below under 'tax efficient giving').
Other ways to give
- A regular offering is taken at all our Sunday services. Please use the giving envelopes provided.
- If you would like to send us a cheque or a giving voucher, please make it payable to Holy Trinity Brompton and send to the Giving Administrator at the address on our website.
- You can give in the form of quoted shares and other securities (which entitles you to tax relief).
To leave a legacy
- If you are considering making a bequest to HTB or have already included a gift to HTB in your will and would like to talk to somebody or require more information, then please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call Sarah Riley on +44 845 644 7544. This information will be treated in confidence and is not binding in any way. General information is also available from the Church of England’s legacy giving website at www.churchlegacy.org.uk.
Tax Efficient Giving
- If you pay UK tax (Income or Capital Gains Tax) and would like us to be able to claim back the basic rate tax through the government's gift aid scheme, you will need to fill in, sign and return to us an ongoing Gift Aid declaration if you have not done so already. The benefit to HTB is that it can recover the basic rate of income tax, currently 25p for each pound given at no extra cost to you. (If you pay higher rate tax, you may recover this through your own tax return.)
Higher rate UK tax payers and payroll giving: if you pay higher or additional rate tax, you may recover this through your own tax return, alternatively, you may pass on this extra tax to HTB by giving via your employer's payroll giving scheme (Payroll Giving).
- If you are a UK higher rate (40%) or additional rate (45%) income tax payer and you give to HTB directly and allow us to reclaim the basic rate tax through Gift Aid then you may recover, through your tax return, the difference between the basic rate tax that HTB recovers and higher or additional rate that you have paid. Alternatively, if you give via Payroll Giving then, because you are giving "pre-tax", you are able to pass on the full benefit of your tax to HTB immediately; so if you are a higher rate taxpayer HTB will receive 42p more per £1 of donation and for additional rate taxpayers, HTB will receive 57p more per £1 of donation than if you give through Gift Aid. Because these donations are made "pre-tax", HTB does not have to reclaim the tax that you pay via Gift Aid, this means that you have to build in the "tax-back" element to your donation.
- For example, if you are a higher rate taxpayer and currently give HTB £300 a month, HTB is able to claim £75 of your tax back via Gift Aid. If you donate £500 via Payroll Giving you will receive £300 less pay each month, meaning your £500 donation will cost you the same as your current giving, but HTB will receive £125 more. The same result can be achieved by your filling in a self assessment tax return and re-claiming the difference between the tax recovered via gift aid and the tax the you have actually paid but requires you to actually fill in a tax return and takes longer for the gift to be received.
- For givers who are US tax payers, tax-efficient methods of giving are now available. If you are a US taxpayer, please contact us and we will tell you about them.
If you have any questions on these or other ways of giving, please contact the Giving Administrator on +44 845 644 7544, or write to: Giving Administrator, HTB, Brompton Road, London SW7 1JA
The work of developing Alpha and its related ministries, both in the United Kingdom and throughout the world, is undertaken by HTB's sister charity Alpha International (Charity Number 1086179). If you would like to give to Alpha International (as opposed to the parish church activities of Holy Trinity Brompton) click below.
Each year HTB makes a gift to Alpha International, so if you are a member or regular attender of HTB then your gift to HTB also will support Alpha International.