- Led by
- Erik Castenskiold & Thomas Martin
- Church House Upper, HTB Brompton Road
- 7 Weeks
- Call or Email Us020 7052 0323
- Monday, 3 June 2013: 7.00pm to 9.30pmMonday, 10 June 2013: 7.00pm to 9.30pmMonday, 17 June 2013: 7.00pm to 9.30pmMonday, 24 June 2013: 7.00pm to 9.30pmMonday, 1 July 2013: 7.00pm to 9.30pmMonday, 8 July 2013: 7.00pm to 9.30pmMonday, 15 July 2013: 7.00pm to 9.30pm
Online registration has now closed for the course starting on 3 June. If you would like to attend the course, please turn up on the night where you can register and pay on the door.
This course is for those who are separated, those who are currently going through a divorce, or those who are already divorced, whether recent or at any time in the past. The course, while based on Christian principles, is relevant and helpful for anyone with or without a Christian faith or church background.
The Recovery from Divorce and Separation course runs three times a year and is both practical and supportive, giving any separated or divorced person the opportunity to discuss the challenges they are facing and the tools to deal with these effectively.
Topics covered include:
• Facing the effects of separation and divorce
• The importance of good communication
• Resolving conflict
• Divorce – the legal issues
• Parenting issues
• Moving forward with hope
• What’s involved
The cost of the course includes supper and materials, as well as the celebration dinner.
Each evening begins with supper followed by a talk, with opportunities for discussion in small groups. The small groups are led by people who have gone through divorce themselves. The setting is welcoming, relaxed and unthreatening.
1. If you are seeing a therapist or taking medication prescribed by your doctor, please discuss your participation on this course with them. The material addresses the hard issues that arise on separation and divorce and may be challenging.
2. While many people find a group environment helpful and supportive, it may not be appropriate for everyone. If you have any concerns about this, please contact the course administrator.
What people say:
'I feel supported, encouraged, understood, less alone, more confident.'
'Seeing others, going through the same hurts, made me realise that I was ‘allowed’ to laugh again if I let myself.'
'I am not alone in this painful time.'
'This is a very caring and professionally run course which will stand me in good stead in the future.'
This course is run at HTB but there are several courses being run around the country - please visit www.rdscourse.org.uk to find out where your nearest course is. The website holds contact details if you need more information on regional courses.
Please either phone us on 020 7052 0323 or email us.